SpiderCraft53

RedstonerAppeals → SpiderCraft53

CLOSED

Type of ban / demotion

Perm ban

Ban/Demotion reason

“Griefing, lever spamming”

What I have done wrong

It all happened about a year ago so I can’t ensure 100% accuracy, but I remember I was in a bad mood, and for whatever reason I spammed the lever on someone’s plot and I removed an item from a dropper. I don’t know why I did it, but it wasn’t a very smart thing to do.

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

I appealed very shortly after the ban and it got denied because no one forgave me. One person even responded saying no, and jokingly told me to come back in a year. Well, it has literally been more than a year since I got banned. I really really miss the server and the whole redstone community very much and I hope you’re willing to forgive the many mistakes I’ve made in the past. Over the past year I’ve been playing on other servers and building redstone stuff, but this server could never escape the back of my mind. I think about it from time to time and I really regret all of the stupid things I did to get myself banned. I’m sincerely sorry for what I did, and I hope I can see you all again on the server soon. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to read this! <3

-Spider
oh here we go again WOOHOO xdXDXDXDXD
I know I did many stupid things. I’m really sorry for all of those, as I mentioned; “I really regret all of the stupid things I did”

The question is: Do I really need to reply to this in an extended fashion? Or are you just gonna accept a ==no.==? I like my spiders deep fried, so if you want me to explain then prepare for a high quality burn.

:)

What do you mean, Pepich?
Is that a “I accept the ==no.==” or is that a “Please burn me so hard that I turn into a crispy spider”?

I’m a bit confused. As far as I can tell, you’re saying that I’m not going to be unbanned. I respect your opinion, but I don’t see why not since people seem to be overall supportive of me coming back. If you’re saying no completely, then I’ll accept that, but I don’t know why your opinion overrules everyone else’s.

Edit: Sorry if that sounded sarcastic, it isn’t supposed to be

+1 even though I do not know who you are.
+1 ok ik im banned so my opinion proberly doesnt even matter. I recently met spider on another server and has been a great friend. He has helped me grow and learn and has not done one negative thing. I would give him another change as from my point of view, he has matured and is a good guy :). Regards ~Red

Grabs oil and a pan

==Let’s fry that spider.==

First of all, let’s get your little question sorted:

I don’t know why your opinion overrules everyone else’s.

Clue one: I am staff. Clue two: I am staff lead. Clue three: My name is Pepich1851.

Enough clues? If not, here’s the solution: I’m the one and only real Pepe, currently the highest rank on this server together with Nemes and Futsy. I am known for performing the best of the best admin magic™ that you have ever seen. There’s not many that are as commited to this server as I am. I know all. I am all. The soul, the body and the mind. I don’t care about what people think about me or about anyone else. I care about what they do. And with that, we finally come to talking about you.

At this point I want to take the time and quickly say thanks to Logal for linking the nice compilation of “things that spider has done wrong”, but I fear that said list is incomplete. So, I went through the effort of getting my magic™ admin shovel and dig up some of the nastiest stuff that I could find: Your history on this server. Well actually I was too lazy to do that because we have a few GB of logs and searching for your name throughout them comes up with so much spam that I can’t find stuff in it anyways, so here’s a quick summary of what I can remember in exchange for a complete list.

logs/2016-02-02-1.log.gz:[05:22:41] [MainThread/INFO]: Player XXXXX temporarily banned SpiderCraft53 for 2 days: Rules 1,4,6.. logs/2016-02-02-1.log.gz:[05:23:25] [MainThread/INFO]: Player XXXXX temporarily banned SpiderCraft53 for 1 day: Rules 1,4,6.. logs/2016-02-11-1.log.gz:[01:36:46] [MainThread/INFO]: Player XXXXX temporarily banned SpiderCraft53 for 3 days: constantly disrespecting staff/ignoring orders. logs/2016-03-22-1.log.gz:[09:00:19] [Server thread/INFO]: Player XXXXX temporarily banned SpiderCraft53 for 7 days: Lever Spam. logs/2016-04-17-1.log.gz:[21:54:38] [Server thread/INFO]: Player XXXXX temporarily banned SpiderCraft53 for 6 days 23 hours 59 minutes: Disrepecting other players, spamming, spamming levers.. logs/2016-05-01-2.log.gz:[18:17:58] [Server thread/INFO]: Player XXXXX temporarily banned SpiderCraft53 for 1 hour: spam. logs/2016-05-13-1.log.gz:[23:17:49] [Server thread/INFO]: Player XXXXX temporarily banned SpiderCraft53 for 1 day: Grief.. logs/2016-05-13-1.log.gz:[23:18:57] [Server thread/INFO]: Player XXXXX banned SpiderCraft53 for: You have been banned: Griefing, spamming levers. logs/2016-08-12-1.log.gz:[18:35:46] [Server thread/INFO]: Player XXXXX banned IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for: alt of SpiderCraft53.

Names and IPs were blanked for reasons™

Also several kicks on top but for the sake of everyone’s sanity, let’s not put those here. Additionally, I’m limited to 20,000 chars so there wouldn’t be enough room to fit all of it here anyways.

On top of that, we got you sneaking yourself into getting builder rank by stealing builds, getting told to make stuff on your own and wait until you ask about it again just to ask again basically immediately, resulting in tbans and even longer delays from you becoming builder.

I’m running out of ways to start sentences here, but apparently you were banned from the forums aswell, leading to the conclusion that you not only caused trouble on the server, but additionally you were a troublemaker on the website even though you should’ve known better after being permanentely banned from accessing the server already. Yet you didn’t.

And last but not least, PERMANENT BANS ARE FUCKING ==PERMANENT==. That’s why they’re called permanent. Permanent bans will only be lifted if the ban was initially flawed, e.g. you received a permanent ban for saying duck in chat. That would not make sense, hence you would be allowed back. However I feel like this is not the case here.

But pep, that’s so mean I’m really sorry and I regret what I did and I just want to co… ==Shut the fuck up.== Take a look at one of the estimated five billion reference cases where people have not been unbanned after lighter things than repeated grief, annoyance, spam, disrespect and general rulebreaking offenses.

Do you now accept the ==no.==? :)

I already said that I accept and respect your opinion, and your log of things I did wrong didn’t really add much to the subject. I’ll say it again, I accept your opinion and thanks for your time. Thank you to the 5 people (so far) who gave me +1s <3

Here’s a quote from the appeal guidelines (which you should have read):

If you were falsely banned from or demoted on our server for some reason you may post an appeal here. Note that barely anyone is getting unbanned, don’t waste our time if you were reasonably banned!

You were not falsely banned, therefore this entire appeal is invalid and should be closed immediately. There is a reason why we have permanent bans.

closed

Spider, what you fail to understand is that while the community controls a lot of the portions of the server such as the builds on it and the /lols we have and other such things, the staff’s sole purpose is to deal with punishment, appeals, other staff, and helping players in-game. The community can vote here, but it’s staff who ultimately make the final decision, because it’s staff who create and enforce the rules. You saying that you should be unbanned and brushing off things said by Pepe (the last person whose comment you’d want to brush off) because of the +1s you got makes you seem arrogant, which really doesn’t help your case. You’re appealing to staff, not the community. An appeal is a place for facts to be exchanged, because facts are what determine whether you get unbanned or not. Unless you were banned on the grounds of a rule that no longer exists or falsely banned, there’s really no point to this. Staff opinions are the ones that matter here, yet you’re treating like they’re the only ones that don’t matter. This is an affirmation bias; Pepich’s voting power is vastly greater than that of the community because he’s an admin who has access to logs, which are the most accurate and complete source of facts we have available to us. Even an emotional appeal stating “I love this server, don’t ban me because your server is good and I want to keep playing it” has more of a chance of being solved than you disregarding things said by him.
As with many ban appeals, a perm ban is a perm ban, and it will most likely not change. As staff have also said many times, “I love this server and I’m super sorry” isn’t going to get you unbanned. Just my two cents. :P
Nice necropost on a closed thread.