Website Feedback

Off topicProgramming → Website Feedback

SHOWCASE

Just a bit of background information before I link the website, I have recently fell in love with Overwatch and have been playing it frequently. Recently I co created a team that I play with> In the past few week I have been coding a website for our team and it’s done! I’d like to get some feedback on it so I can improve this website and other websites in the future.Incase you get confused the team name is Zhi ESports ^^Btw ^^my ^^overwatch ^^name ^^is ^^iHanjo ^^if ^^you ^^cared Here is the website The pastebin for each page can be found below

Index/Home Roster Highlights

Thanks, iRoux ^^aka ^^aNub

Looks nice, and Logal for the most part they have been good. It seems to just be the period of time you saw me use it. xD
do you have any other free hosters the 000webhost

“Zhi ESports” is not a registered name, which means your copyright claim is invalid. Don’t worry, you still own the copyright ofc but it looks kinda unprofessional. Just replace it with your name or a registered name if you don’t feel like spending the money to register “Thi ESports”.

Website is lacking info a bit. There’s basically no info about who you are what you do when and where, why you play, why YOU play as the group you are, etc… Did you think about linking e.g. MasterOverwatch profiles, adding in a short profile for each player with auto poll rank and their main’s stats? The blizzard api is amazing for that and requires basically nothing from you except a bit of copy and pasting php, or whatever your server is using as a backend.

What about putting comp highlights instead of QP? Or entire games instead of just highlights - people want to learn from pros, not look at how cool te best 20s from a game could be.

Apart from that the page looks very clean, I only dislike the bright green color that pops up when hovering over buttons. Kinda hurts :P

@iRoux , you play OW on pc or console? If on pc, add me on battle.net ;) mxkvl#2948
Code looks extremely messy but the result is quite clean.
@Pepich1851 holy hell you actually know about overwatch and slangs like qp and comp damn @Max on pc
He plays it if I remember correctly.

“…a short profile for each player with auto poll rank and their main’s stats…?” @Pepich1851 I would love to do that but I don’t know how. Also I can’t find anything on how to do it

@maxisatwqt I added you

@iRoux Nice one, message me next time you’re online. It’s always fun playing with new people :P

Literally just searching for ==Overwatch API== on google and clicking the first result gives me this very nice OWAPI. I also suggested simply just linking MasterOverwatch profiles which is a lot easier than implementing it yourself if you want to be a bit lazy :P

As for OW in itself, why is it surprising that I know about it? I enjoy playing it even though I’m stuck at plat right now. However I have a pretty good idea of why that is and I’m currently working on my ult economy and coordination. Especially on making my team have some sort of ult economy that is because that’s not really a known term in plat ._. Also mechanical aim ofc, I’m a bad hitscan but my gamesense is good enough to give me those few points. Mechanical skill wise I should play at 2100, knowledge wise at 3800 and gamesense wise at 2700. Sadly bare knowledge doesn’t help if the application of it is missing :P

@Pepich1851 What level are you ? and add me iHanjo#1116 also i linked the overbuff pages
also I have no idea what to do with that api

#EUServer - ain’t a murican scrub like you :P

Use the api to show the stats right on your page? Also MasterOverwatch > Overbuff.

Idk what level like 150 or sth? Srsly no idea.