BrubriRedstone & Jonny__ - The smallest seamless 5x5 piston door! [Observerless]

RedstonerBuilding → BrubriRedstone & Jonny__ - The smallest seamless 5x5 piston door! [Observerless]

SHOWCASE

Observers came earlier, but we didn’t care!

And here it is. Me and @Jonny__ joined our forces to make something that almost everyone thought was impossible, something that many people tried before us, but without succeding: a 540 blocks seamless 5x5 piston door, without the use of OPAFs cough observers. So, we came up with this:

#A new layout.

This door was made possible by an innovative bottom piston layout that I came up. That allowed us to have very contained piston inputs, and so, we had enough space for the wiring. In fact, a cool thing about the bottom is that it is completely independent from the top!

#Circuits overview.

• Red: Input;
  • Orange: Top closing;
  • Cyan: Top quad;
  • Green: Top quad reuse;
  • Yellow: Bottom closing;
  • Blue: Bottom opening;

#Additional details.

• Unfortunately the bottom part of this door is both locational (because of the way we powered the left side of the storage in the bottom) and directional (because of the way we powered the lower pistons of the bottom triple) :/ Fortunately, the top part works fine everywhere;
  • The door contains 4 minecarts with chest in total: 1 in the bottom and 3 in the top;
  • Opening speed: about 8.5 seconds;
  • Closing speed: about 5.5 seconds;
  • Size: 9x4x15 = 540 blocks!

#Where you can find it:

• My (second) plot: In the 2nd row of builds, the 4th build from the left;
  • Jonny’s 4th plot: In the 2nd line of builds, the one in the middle.

I’d personally love to thank @Jonny__ for collaborating with me on this beauty, Thank You master :)

If you read all of this, you’re just cool. Thank you for reading, and have a good day! :)

Damnnnnn noice
that’s some really cool work!
That is insane! Honestly I think it’s more impressive than some of the observer ones.
;) loved working on it mate <33
I love every bit of this door. You used the space so efficiently and it’s just all around amazing. gj you two :P
Is it not the smallest cuz it has slime now? lul

The slime block isn’t uncontained, so there’s no controversy possible about the size of the door.

However, it is true putting the “smallest observerless” thing is being greedy with records.

^ This is basically the only correct opinion
However the WR is technically correct. Given that no smaller or equally sized door exists yet, I would approve of the WR if I had the authority to do so.