Vote system

WebsiteWebsite feature requests → Vote system

Hello.

I’ve been thinking about a vote system in redstoner, and here is what I came up with:

The vote “menu” itself. You can choose/vote with one of the “buttons” in top right of the post.

It shows all the positive and negative votes post has. Also, if you do comment - it would show your vote about post in the top right aswell.

This is how it could look in the forum. I don’t know if it should show the positive and negative or total votes the post has. This is just what I went with. Also it would show who and when someone voted.

I know it’s nothing fancy, but I think it’d be useful. People often leave +-1 comments without any additional feedback, so I guess it’d simplify things with just a single mouse click.

Maybe there could be a label Vote to choose if it’s a vote thread or a regular one. Maybe a tick box to choose if it adds those two buttons to your post. This is not final product, many things, like the icons itself, could change if staff decide to work on this.

edit: well, I noticed there’s already “poll” in popular requests, so all I’m doing is bringing this up for no reason at all dang it

I mean, this is pretty cool, even if a poll system has already be requested +1

Even though it had been requested, this is a cool way to do it, I’ll look into it. +1

Although if this version is made, the other feature request shouldn’t be closed, as this only has two options, instead of multiple word options. Also the [poll] or [vote] label should just be the default, and should be overrideable

Hell yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
make it +14 and -3 because otherwise after the first two votes it will get confusing to new people.
It’s nice but the buttons don’t really fit the website design. Also +14 to @D0an.

It’s nice but the buttons don’t really fit the website design. Also +14 to @D0an.

Well,

This is just what I went with. This is not final product, many things, like the icons itself, could change if staff decide to work on this.

Haha, but yeah, I could’ve thought of something better probably :P

[shrug] it’s just an idea for an addition :D
My ideas on something that can be added easily and also looks decent. However the only downside with what I did, is that I used the “title field to show the users, which means it wouldn’t work on mobile, we would have to find a way to display it.
+1 to minenash and of course if the player is not logged in, it will be there but they can’t vote.
Yeah, that looks great @minenash, haha. I was thinking to do something similar but I thought numbers would just blend in, but that actually looks really good. Also I forgot to suggest about the hover thing as well, yeah, it’s really cool like this!:D
I also did it by changing the HTML, meaning that it’s definitely easier to code. xD

I didn’t really want to create another thread and since it’s similar idea:

Hovering with mouse cursor shows latest forum thread and replied shows which thread it is.

meh -1 to that.
Eh, idk. However this is different enough to be separate.
Well, It’s just an idea, maybe in future, right now I do agree its not necessary :P
I think the colours of the boxes make little sense. In addition, that location is currently reserved for other stuff (Edit this post). And as for showing your own vote, it should really just brighten up one of the two.
For the location part, that’s already been solved, it’s a matter of actually coding it.