edtulane

RedstonerAppeals → edtulane

CLOSED

Type of ban / demotion

temporary(1 week)

Ban/Demotion reason

Reason you were told or message shown when you’re disconnected from the server abusing /report, not listening to staff, spamming chat be leaving and relogging, general annoyance

What I have done wrong

used /report because someone denied me for no reason at all

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

you were way too harsh, consider my extreme impatience and other things, like how much I like this server. I feel like doing /report for being denied by someone for no reason at all is a valid reason. As for not listening to staff, they didnt tell me anything against what I did, so I couldnt have not listened to them. The leaving and relogging is a completely different story. I haad to remove the server, and so im using direct connect. I am now EXTREMELY paranoid about being seen on the server, and thats why I keep leaving and relogging. As for general annoyance, theres nothing annoying i havent already discuseed that I can think of that I did. Please consider EVERYTHING about this, and at least shorten the bantime.

^

And from the reactions in staff slack I feel like I can safely close this.

my extreme impatience

Yeah, maybe work on that. Nobody else should have to deal with your short temper.

being denied by someone for no reason at all is a valid reason

I have 2 ways of explaining this to you. First, why should you have any power over what someone else wants to do with their own plot? They own it, so they can do whatever they want with it. Second, you should only use /report if someone has broken a rule. Please check that page before reporting again.

[Staff] didnt tell me anything against what I did, so I couldnt have not listened to them.

Yes we did. Multiple times. Too many times. We told you to stop relogging, among other things, many more times than we should have before banning you.

I haad to remove the server, and so im using direct connect.

That doesn’t have any effect on the situation.

I am now EXTREMELY paranoid about being seen on the server, and thats why I keep leaving and relogging.

When someone leaves or joins the server, it displays a message. It’s either “+ playername” (join) or “- playername” (leave). I’m sure you’ve seen that before. So when someone joins and sees you leave ("- edtulane"), and then rejoin ("+ edtulane"), they are aware that you are there. In fact, you’re making yourself more visible than if you had done nothing.

EDIT: If you are referring to people irl seeing you on the server, alt + tab is more efficient and less annoying to everyone else.

@edtulane if you’re not supposed to be on the server, maybe you shouldn’t be on the server. We definitely wouldn’t mind.
I like this server A LOT tho, and im also forgetful with stuff like that.
Forgetful with what? The rules?

cracking nuckles So, now let’s see i have seen you do this a lot before like 1 month i guess(joining and rejoining after a couple seconds), now i didn’t completly understand why you did that, maybe your parents(i guess?) - if you are punished for like playing too much or idk what to not play on a computer, you just don’t play, wait for the punishment to be finished. If you still wanna hide it just use alt+tab (Just like Yummy said). Now for not obeying staff and not completly understanding how is /report intended to be used - Obey staff(at least what they said), if you brake a rule(at least in my experience) you will be told to don’t brake it anymore, for the use of /report - i have used it a couple of times for beacons nearby my plot(beacons with enhancements), clocks, and thats what mainly i would use it for. For more severe things(like spamming and etc…) i would take some screenshots and post them with some explaination to when what and who did the thing in the blame subforum. By that i mean /report isn’t for things like someone denied you from their plot - oh and for that oh boi- You see let’s say someone has blocked you on facebook(twitter etc…) what are you gonna do? Email facebook support to unblock you? Now you see that person may have or may not have a reason to block you, but who cares about that? It’s his profile just like it’s a persons plot on Redstoner - He can do whatever the fuck he wants with it(except not obeying rules like building inappropriate stuff). Your ban is justified if you’re asking me, and i will suggest you start obeying some rules because soon there will be a permanent ban, and if that ban is justified(just liek this one) oh boi no removal of that one. ^Ban ^has ^been ^JUSTIFIED

ik the thread has been closed(saw it when it was all written fml) sry for that i wanted my work not to go to a waste :(

Thanks Weby, for reiterating exactly what everyone else had already said…
This thread is locked.