random alias's

ArchivesFeature requests → random alias's

SOLVED

What feature do I want?

To have many phrases set to the same alias, then one picked at random when the alias is called. This would add variation to messages such as “Welcome back to Redstoner!” where if more phrases are set when I type wb as an example, It would call maybe “WALECUM BACK!” or “Welcome! :)” etc etc.

Why?

This little bit of variation makes messages more interesting and welcoming messages or useful phrases less repetitive and robotic like. I just had this idea and wondered if it is actually useful, so I did a quick vote ingame and it got a good rating, convincing me to post it here.

When I use aliases I do /alias add ;<word> <output> so that it basically never comes up on accident but also easily when I need it, and you can do like “;wb”, " ;welcome" or other variations for similar messages and just use those.

I don’t see a real need for this so -1

I like the concept +1
Interesting, +1
Yeah this would be interesting, but not of utmost importance or anything. +1/2
I see the purpose for it being a feature, but I don’t really think it’s a thing we should spend development time on, so I’m going to say -1
I’m with Xav on this, it would be really cool to have and would probably be used quite a bit, but it’s probably not the most important thing to work on.

Added in the 1.13 Update

• /alias add -rnd [-r] <key> <replacements>
  • To separate the replacements, put " | " (including spaces) in between them.