/p newfloor command?

ArchivesFeature requests → /p newfloor command?

CLOSED

People have been requesting an easy way to make a glass floor on there plot below builder so i talked with some people and we were thinking of a ‘newfloor’ command. Syntax:/plotme newfloor [Y level of floor] I think ranks below builder will benefit from this addition and may even help builder+ in saving time. Thank you for reading.

Syntax:/plotme newfloor [Y level of floor]

what about a block after that and maybe a whitelist of blocks that are allowed also it should only replace air blocks because people may do it by accident and could destroy a build.

that would be useful
@KPkiller1671 Well… You ask that to the plotme creator. You’re implying that we make a custom command in plotme that spawns in blocks, I don’t think Sheep has the time or wants to do that.
I see why this would be what some people want, I often see manny people plot with these glass levels. But it really isn’t that much trouble to World Edit in a floor, just ask and a moderator/helper/builder would be happy to help, it takes no more than 3 minutes. I think this command would be used very little and would be a more work to implement than it would save.
I can look into adding this, however I’m not sure about integrating it into plotme. I have no idea how I would go about doing this so I’ll have to do some testing with sql I guess. it would probably be /glassfloor or something.
Okey @yop_tropix so the syntax isn’t completely worked out but you get the jist and @Doom_Blah the reason i put this on the fourms is someone complaining about no one wanting to help him while i was not online. Plus it was agreed to be a good idea by many people online at that time, but then again i’m only saying it as an idea if you disagree that’s fine, and @Dico200 thanks from many, and i can totally see where your coming from.
I personally haven’t had to world edit in to many glass floors, but I have seen a lot of them. Perhaps it would be used a lot, i don’t know, but it really isn’t any trouble to ask a moderator or a helper to make one for you. also with the issue of it destroying things if you accidentally placed it in the wrong layer, they would need some sort of undo command which is only to builders, but they have world edit anyways. I just feel like it wouldn’t be used much, and that not enough people need this to make it an actual feature.
@Doom_Blah same here, I don’t see the point of this if moderators/helpers/admins can do this. Even builders could help them world editing the floor in.
Its a nice feature that makes redstoner stand out from the rest.
em some guy could cause so much lag with this.
You don’t expect me to put a cooldown timer on it? And glass doesn’t really lag to place.
Well if you add someone and they spam the glass floor it will take a lot longer to clean up, but with cooldown time it will be a fraction of the mess and no one needs many floors at a time.
I think that a command to undo this should also be useful, like if someone placed the floor on the wrong y-axis or something.
@lollol15171 Thanks for necro-posting, always appreciated. This is obviously not getting coded.
I’m sorry, I just looked at random posts. I’ll pay attention for it if I’m about to post a post in the future.

I’m pretty sure you should take this up with the PlotMe creator, otherwise it’s a no go if you came here.

BUT, the developers for Redstoner could probably make an API or side plugin of some sort to support this idea. But, still, this is a really good idea!