Even betterer (T)SV

RedstonerCommunity vote → Even betterer (T)SV

==TL;DR (Problem): SV is a mess while TSV is not, TR and non TR playing SV together is kinda weird too.==

I recently noticed that SV is once again after only a few months kinda dead and done for, some people still play it, but I don’t see the general interest being all too big. On top of that, many times TR and non TR want to play sv together, but if e.g. the TR has already started in TSV then that basically means giving up their TSV stuff, which isn’t really a nice solution or anything. Also, SV is generally more of a mess than TSV, simply because any member can go to SV - however some members or builders might want to get the better experience that TSV currently offers, but simply can’t due to their rank.

==TL;DR (Solution): SV+, a survival world that doesn’t require a rank to be entered, but dedication to (T)SV.==

What I came up with is to turn SV into a season based thing, with scheduled resets every 4 months (or more/less), and adding a third survival world on top of the existing two, which doesn’t require you to be trusted to access it, while still offering the nicer, more organised way that TSV generally looks like. Basically, each season all players would get sorted by their playtime (and possible more stats, like if you have 400h of afk time that shouldn’t count) in SV/TSV/SV+ combined, and all those who reached a certain threshold will be allowed to play SV+ next season. That way, only people who show dedication to sv will have access to it, which should make for a more organized and fun experience, and allow e.g. a TR and a member to set up a base together without the “problems” of normal survival.

I’m still figuring out the details about who to allow exactly, and how to do it, like what if someone wants to take a break I don’t think they shouldn’t be disallowed SV+ next season, but a “unlock once, play forever” also seems kinda unfair, so maybe when you’re in and want to take some time off, you can announce that once per active period, and be safe to get allowed in again the next season. The season after that you lose access again if you don’t fulfill the criteria.

Also as a little cherry on top, if we do divide SV into seasons, I would put time into putting together a stat viewer for sv, where you can check (season based) basically everything you would want to know. Diamonds blown up by creepers? Sure! Items lost by despawning? Why not! Which was my most favorite tool this season? Turns out it was the “Molten Pickaxe”! Wait what? Wrong game. Anyhow you get the idea.

Feel free to leave feedback below :)

Disclaimer: “This is bad” is not good feedback. You can state that you don’t like the idea, but if you simply say “great idea, bad implementation” without leaving any sort of reasoning then I’ll just disregard your reply. At least point out what you think could be improved on, and maybe try to figure out a solution to the issues you have yourself. Thanks

Every four months seems very short -1 The idea of an SV+ sounds good, but this system for it does not really seem good

every 4 months (or more/less)

The more/less part indicates that I just choose some random value that seemed ok to me, but in no way is that a fixed timeframe.

Mind going a bit further with your reply? If this implementation seems bad to you, what would you change to improve it (apart from making the timeframe longer than 4 months, you said that)? Would you not generate those statistics maybe? Would you allow everyone to join and not sort based on e.g. time (time is just the easiest indicator, I also said that I could and probably will use more stuff than just the playtime cause afk and stuff)? I don’t really know what I’m supposed to pick up from your reply except that my implementation seems bad to you.

seems like a fun time +1

+1 I love the idea of the type of world, and I think that it not being rank-based would definitely make me inclined to play it. I feel like playtime is a decent criteria for selecting players, but it might be better if the players would have to get recommended by other survival players who think that they deserve to be in sv+

Also I do realize that an invite based system might have biases in it, but making it require both an invite AND a certain amount of playtime will help to limit people AFKing on /sv to get in, or people only getting in because their friend wanted them in.

+1!

So will trusteds need to make the threshold(i mean will trusteds need to play certain amount of hours in sv / tsv to achieve SV+)?

Rman, afl time basically doesn‘t count (I got ways to detect and filter that), and I said I will probably use more criteria too (such as „has ever had an elytra“ or „has gone to the end“, etc.).

Weby yes, that was the plan. Else it would feel kind of unfair, and you might potentially even end up with trusteds who join the world just once and never again after.

pep, i havent gotten an elytra just because i never felt the need for one. if i were to apply for this survival world, how would my chances then be affected?
You wouldn‘t apply for anything, but the system would see that you had high end armor so it‘d ignore the elytra fact. Something like that. It‘s just to ensure it isn‘t just afk time or something. Also I don‘t like an application system, cause that‘s a lot of work, and a bias might influence the decision. I‘d rather have an automated system that allows/denies players without any human input
-1, 4 months -> too short, 6 or 8 is better…