Ability to toggle item drops

RedstonerFeature requests → Ability to toggle item drops

What feature do I want: A way to disable items in containers from being dropped when the container is broken

Why I think it’s useful: When you’re working with a lot of signal strength containers it’s a bit annoying collecting the fallen items and having to clear your inventory because it gets filled up

I am pretty sure that’s impossible to be made. Spigot doesn’t offer such methods i am pretty sure :/ It’s the same reason we don’t get shulker boxes when they are being dropped - there isn’t a way, yet, for that exclusion from gamerule doTileDrops. If it’s possible of course there is a +1 from me

As an ugly, temporary workaround: ==/ss 0== before breaking the container.

As a way less ugly but still temporary solution that will be implemented soon™: I’ll make SS’ed containers not drop items by default.

As a permanent solution soon™ after the previous one: SS’ed containers don’t drop items by default. ==/block <info/get/set> [setting] [value]== to allow messing with a bunch of stuff, basically allowing to edit existing, plus custom nbt data about blocks. Those would be e.g. (if applicable then available): orientation, customName, dropItems, autoRefill, allowView, allowModify, denyView, … There’s a bunch of custom tags I think would be very useful, but I don’t have a system in place right now that would allow me to set up something like that. Which is why I’ll just make SS’ed containers not drop items for now :P

This would also integrate with things like DamnSpam, SignalStrength, etc. so that everything is available in one place, but I would still keep the old commands to allow for easy interaction. If you wanna be fancy, feel free to be fancy, but I’ll keep the simple interfaces for those who don’t need the fancy stuff but just want SS.

Weby, there’s BlockBreakEvent.setDroppedItems (or something very similar) :)
That seems nice ^very ^nice ^indeed