Plot Auto Reset

ArchivesFeature requests → Plot Auto Reset

CLOSED

I would like a feature where if you own a plot, it barely anything on it, and you haven’t been on in a while; the plot will automatically get reset so new people can use it. I have been noticing that some people will join redstoner, get a plot, do nothing or barely do anything on the plot, and then never come back. It would also be right that if the person hasn’t been on for a very long time, for their plot to be reset so, new people can join. It becomes annoying when you just see basically empty plots or plots that have nobody even using actively. It can be great seeing a plot next to you being worked on gradually and then see them progress to the rankings.
I’d agree if the plot was like, empty af. But if it’s stuffed (ex.: /p h GWJD) then it probably shouldn’t.

How would you say these are?

We‘ll probably purge plots again soon. Last time we deleted about 3000 plots due to lack of stuff and activity. An automated system seems dangerous to me, what if it falsely detects something for deletion? I don‘t want that to happen ever
Maybe an auto system for basically empty plots and then a request log for verification for plots with more things on it. The auto system could probably have an id and coordinates attached to each plot to bring it back ==if== something goes wrong.
I’m with Pep, an automatic system would be real dangerous. Staff goes around every so often and deletes a ton of old plots with nothing on them. Plus, it really doesn’t matter if there’s empty plots in the world, there’s more than enough space for new members.

to bring it back if something goes wrong.

How exactly would you bring back a plot? I don’t feel like making a copy of literally every plot before deleting it, the world right now is something around 35GB, if we keep a copy of every plot additional to the existing data, that’d be kinda ridiculous…

As I said we’re purging plots from time to time, but generally, I don’t see much of an issue with plots being a bit spread out

Manual > Automatic

Too many risk factors for something that I wouldn’t call an issue that needs a solution. It’s fine how it is.

Changed my mind. This idea is risky