coolbro280

RedstonerAppeals → coolbro280

CLOSED

Type of ban / demotion

Permanent

Ban/Demotion reason

Reason you were told or message shown when you’re disconnected from the server “Banned until further notice for direct harassment towards another player”

What I have done wrong

I was unaware since i had taken a week long break from the server due to sickness and didn’t find out until about a week ago.

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

This question just so gives me the perfect oppurtunity to explain what has been going on, for the last 2 years.

It all started in july 2016 when someone claiming to be a player named “matanvl” started harassing me on an unrelated server and on email, expressing the frustration and jealousy. i thought it was a joke at first and replied “practice makes perfect!”. That was the beginning of an ongoing 2-year long campaign of abuse. Every day i would get death threats and called homophobic and sometimes racial slurs, before becoming an outright creepy stalker. In no time, i’ve been getting gruesome and detailed death threats that i would be “the next victm at the next school shooting at [RETRACTED] School (retracted to protect identity)” and “Congratulations, [RETRACTED] for applying to your execution!”. It really devastated me because the threats mentioned my real name and alot of personal and private info. To add insult to injury, i had been accused of sexual harassment even when i took a month long break from Minecraft due to anexiety. I had to hide it all for the 2 LONG years, until now, revealing my horrible secret as i’m typing on my keyboard right now…

To make a long story short, i was getting bullied and doxed at the same time.

The point is, i will try to be more respectful, i’ll apologize to whomever been getting harrassed and i would like a new chance. I’ve matured since the break, and learned a valueable lession.

Thank you for reading this and hopefully get a clearer picture on what ive been dealing with. -coolbro280

EDIT: Minor grammar fixes

Not related to the ban but if what you’re saying is true, I kind of want to help, so here’s pretty generic advice that might help:

Usually the best way to deal with this is to just completely ignore him, not block him or anything because that makes them motivated since he knows you’ve seen his messages. It obviously worked since it started to get to you but showing that to him makes him have the satisfaction of knowing it’s working. And you don’t want that.

You’ve probably tried this, you’ve probably tried everything during the past two years. But I don’t really know how to help but try to give some kind of advice.

I hope what you dealing with stops but in the meantime, try laying low? As in just take a break from the Internet since that’s where he’s been targeting you. It might be a while for him to break the habit since he’s been doing this for 2 years. Which was plenty enough time for him to adapt going and doing some shit against you.

Wish you all the luck and stay safe, okay?

@Hit i tried, for the last 9 months

If you are trying to justify your behaviour by saying that it has happened to you also, I don‘t see how that would work. You are appealing a ban that was put on you for the sole reason of you harassing someone else, and I don‘t see how you being victim of it yourself would somehow turn those actions into something that‘s okay to do.

If you are genuinly trying to appeal your ban, please comment on said ban, and not on your life circumstances.

Avoiding any reason to be unbanned or what you did; just crying about your life. Please elaborate further in the “What I have done wrong” section of the appeal so that I can have more fun on an appeal.

Or perhaps we’re all just 7iq and unable to understand this post.

Edit: I have put your minecraft IGN into google and it is really fucking easy to get your personal information. :)

Edit edit: Your accounts are really cringey, they’d be better off private anyway.

How to find private info

You should clean up what people can find about you on the internet, I can find literally all the things you complained about such as IRL name, location, pictures of you, habits and so on within seconds with a single, simple google search.

I am not saying that it’s your fault what happened, please don’t get me wrong. What happened to you is a horrible thing, and I advise you to report it to the authorities with all information you still have. I’m trying to show you how easy it is to find info about you on the internet, and that you might consider cleaning that up, for various reasons.

As there is no evidence for anything, but also no cooperation of any of the involved people, and as everyone just appears to be blaming everyone, we decided to keep the ban for everyone involved. If you are able to provide evidence, or get the people involved to cooperate and clear up the situation (that includes you) then we will reconsider this decision, but from our current standpoint we are unable to get a view of what actually happened, and cannot be bothered to deal with this.

Contact your authorities about this.

@coolbro280