Dynmap

RedstonerFeature requests → Dynmap

i think it would be cool if we had a dynmap online of the plot world especially

Afaik Dynmap comes with a huge overhead in storage requirements, as it generates a map preview for everything. The Creative world is about 30-40GB as of now, raw world data. We once plotted a big portion of that as a png image with a really low resolution and it already was rather big (Futsy and me spent hours mapping it out with journeymap LUL).

What could be done I guess would be to buy additional storage for the server and put it on there, but the question is - do you know someone who’s willing to pay a few bucks a month just to get dynmap? (4 bucks/100GB or 7bucks/500GB)

Totally makes sense, I’m not sure if its possible but I can host it if it would save money
If you can somehow „host“ it inside the datacenter of the server, then yes, sure. If not, then latency is gonna be so horrible that it‘s not gonna work
Just to put it out there, before you suggest something, please check if it has already been suggested, and if so reply to it. The subforum is only two pages, so it’s not like It’d take a lot of time to quickly skim.