Survival Sleeping Notification

ArchivesFeature requests → Survival Sleeping Notification

SOLVED

The basic idea here is that when someone in a survival world sleeps, all other players in that world are sent a message. Perhaps a way to see who is/isn’t sleeping would also be nice. This could make it easier to get everyone in a world to sleep and could minimise the amount of people asking in global chat, which can sometimes be annoying. Maybe some people would prefer for the notification to be togglable if they find it a distraction, and some form of cooldown/wait time until the notification is sent out to prevent people from spamming sleep on a bed to intentionally annoy others.

I’m open to any criticism about this suggestion, or to hear if anybody else has a possibly better idea.

Before I give an answer, I have a question: Is afk’ing at farms aloud? Or afk’ing in sv/tsv in general?
Yes, and for that reason I think another good feature would be having it like modded where only 50% of the players need to sleep to change it to day.
Ok. I would say either one player sleep or Rman’s idea +1
The problem with having 1 person sleeping force the night to pass is that some people may want to do something at night (eg farm mobs) but are then unable to do so. I think the 50% is much better, especially when there’s large amounts of players online.

Coded and Tested. We just need an admin to upload it to production.

The funny thing is, the actual majority sleep feature took 5 min, the messages took 30-45min