Shaders Crashing on a Good Pc

Off topicOther → Shaders Crashing on a Good Pc

So i got a new gaming laptop with 16GB RAM 1TB HDD 2GB Graphics card and other stuff but when i get shaders with forge or without it crashed when i go to a world. i even allocated 6GB RAM to minecraft and still crashes. Anyone got an ideas? it is also 1.7.10 shaders.

Are you 100% sure you’ve installed the shaders correctly? Do you have any custom profiles set for Minecraft in your graphics card control panel? If so, delete them. By the way, allocating 6 gigabytes of RAM is insane, at most allocate 3. Nothing good will come out of allocating over a third of your total memory to Minecraft. :P

Wait a minute… I just realised you’re on a gaming laptop. The mobile GPU isn’t exactly cut out for handling shaders :/

@gundershot how would i check the profiles on the grahics card. it is a nvidia geforce gxt.

also i used the installers for the non forge version.

also again i got it to not crash but then the shaders would work so basically i must have done something wrong as my old laptop could at least handle paolos lagless shaders but this cant.

Perhaps you could try completely deleting Minecraft and reinstalling it, then going through the shaders installation again? Also, try using paolos lagless shaders, since you say they worked on your old laptop. As for checking profiles, look for the Nvidia control panel, or whatever it’s called. I think you can get to it by right clicking on your desktop.
I did exactly that and still a crash. im going to allocate 3GB ram now to see of that helps.
@gundershot i did something in the nvidia control pannel and it works now. Thanks for helping!!!!