Cooldown For New Player Joins

RedstonerFeature requests → Cooldown For New Player Joins

What feature do you want:

I think it would be a good idea to have a cool down of about 1 second for all new player joins. Why do you think its a good idea:

To help prevent crashes from happening like the one we almost had in the futures.

+1 yes please, especially to stop dem raids
-1 Mods were there to fix it, server handled it pretty well, this hardly ever happens.
How about 10 seconds cooldown instead
Max what if the mods/admins were busy and couldn’t get on? it really doesn’t hurt anyone to have it
That’s quite hypothetical, there’s almost always staff available. Like I said though, this hardly ever happens, so not much point for the devs to spend time working on this when they could work on more necessary features.
And they should add a chat cooldown.
Max, makes sense. Yes, but some things can just happen when you least expect them. Better to be safe than sorry.

I can see why you think this is a good idea, but like max said: this almost never happen (we have had 3 incidents the time I have been staff) and considering we do have staff available almost always, this can be “fixed” easily when/if it happens again. If a mod can’t get on to fix it, we do have admins that can go on console and fix it.

So it is -1 from me :P

Though it will fix raids, it doesn’t really fix it anymore if people have already joined earlier. Maybe like a cooldown of 1 second if at least 10 people have joined over the last minute.

It could be an idea though to look at the permissions of very lag intensive commands like /p auto, but that will inhibit legit new players from some thing, and is hard to implement.

Raids rarely happen, and I think this doesn’t have very much priority.

So it’s a neutral for me.

I’m with Max, -1.