The Official Redstone Wars Tournament!

RedstonerOther → The Official Redstone Wars Tournament!

–News– **12/15/14: Please Note That I Check The Thread Daily! So Keep Me Posted About The Tournament Suggestions!

**12/9/14: This competition shall be under way soon, so be on the lookout. We Also Are Proud To Declare that We shall Be Doing this Annually! Possibly even Bi-Annually!

Hello Fellow Redstoners! ChimpTheSquirrel And I Have Come Up With a Wonderful Idea. The Official Redstone Wars Tournament!

*The Official Redstone Wars Tournament Will Be held for a Two Week Period (Or However Long It Takes To Crown A Winner), And will be a competition Open To All Players.

If this does take off, We will host Wars from time to time when we are Active, and Multiple Wars May Be Underway At Once.

We Are looking for Judges At this time. Signups For Judging Or Becoming A Constestant Will Be Located at, TO BE DETERMINED.

This Is Just a Few of the things we are thinking about for this Topic… But we need Your Help To Get this Idea Off The Ground. We are Open To Suggestions, So Feel Free to Foreward them to orangebeak, Or ChimpTheSquirrel.

Thank You For Considering This Event, And We Appreciate Your Interest In The Official Redstone Wars Tournament!

Thanks! -Orangebeak

–EDIT–

Rules! :D

1. No using Other peoples Builds (This Includes Youtube)
  2. Follow The Chosen Theme!
  3. Do NOT use previous things you built unless you plan to build them on the designated building plot.
  4. Have Fun!

–INFO–

A Randomizer made by ChimpTheSquirrel Will be used to determine the topic. The Judges Will Decide 6 different topics each war to be used in the Randomizer. As the Wars Continue, The Topics Should get more difficult and Creative.

Sign me up for a contestant!

That’s a very nice markdown you have there.

Sign me up for judging!

#==I <3 judging!==

ima join it :3 ill win dat shiz
Well, We need the mods onboard to kick it off
Sign me up for Judging
i wanna be a contestant :D
Ok. We dont know when, but, its official :D
Sign me up for contestant :)

mk.

If we were to have prizes, What should they be?

i’d like to join
Great News Guys! This Is Gonna Be Annual! :D (Possibly Bi-Annual)
Again We are Open To Suggestions, So Feel Free To Foreward them to Me, or @ChimptheSquirrel

This looks like a really awesome idea orangebeak, I’m happy to see events like this happening. I might recommend starting to take a list of people who want to be involved, and possibly dividing up a plot or two among contestants so they have a clean area to work in.

If you need any help with worldedit, plots or anything else you might need do not hesitate to ask me or any of the other moderators, we are all looking forward to seeing this competition!

Yes Mother We need some reserved Plots

@Mothership_Q If you could do this for Us I’d Appreciate it. :D One more thought, Chimp and I were wondering if we could somehow get a warp, But i’m not sure if the server can handle it.

To All You Redstoners Out There, Feel free to hit me up or ChimpTheSquirrel Ingame for Info And we’ll try to help :) Im working on Using Google Drive to get a list of possible contestants and Judges, Which I will share with Chimp. If you change your mind, We can always change it :)

Thanks for making this a reality! :D -Orangebeak

@KotovSyndrom What should I put you down as? Judge or Contestant?
Sign me up please :)
I am so glad you are on board mother
I cant wait to see you compete Gunder!
contestant.. i can hardly judge doors. im hoping there will also be some logic stuff :x

A Randomizer made by ChimpTheSquirrel Will be used to determine the topic. The Judges Will Decide 6 different topics each war to be used in the Randomizer. As the Wars Continue, The Topics Should get more difficult and Creative.

↑↑↑ Yes, we should definitely have atleast some logic. :D

Dont Forget to SIGN UP! Whether its Judging, Or Competing, You can’t Participate unless I get you written down on the List! Ask Me Or @ChimptheSquirrel To Sign you up! :D

-Orangebeak

Here is the Current List as of 12/10/14

Contestants Nalaek2004 RickPlaysMCraft ArhurValk MCtechnical KotovSyndrom gundershot WinzarTheWolf thunder7345 Spider550 jameswhile unhandybirch656 rman_the_guy Judges (Potential) thunder7345 FlubberMC jonax12

Can I join the judges?
Can I also join the Judges?
I can put you in the list of potential judges, because we have a limited amount of positions, but I still havent determined this limit.

@jonax12

Added to the list of Potential Judges!

Judges (Potential) thunder7345 FlubberMC jonax12

I’ll be a contestant
wait are the contestants able to copy/paste builds they have already made to their area since its not timed?
@eniallator I have not thought of that. I guess that technically MIGHT be cheating, But idk.

@hackerthomas

So far no, But that may be subject to change.

Great idea! Good to see there’s some ideas in the community, I don’t really know where we want this server going atm. I think it would be beneficial if a plugin were written for this tournament, to make things a lot simpler. In this plugin I’m thinking of automatic plot handling, the easiest route to this would be by using a new world which would be live when the tournament is taking place. Whether we write this in java or python I will discuss with sheep, but it would be the second project I’ll do in java on redstoner I do believe (We’re setting up a repository for java plugins). Also, you can sign me up as a judge as well as a contestant. If I don’t take part in the contest, I’d love to be a judge :)

Thanks for the great idea.

Thank you so much! We have you on our list! @Dico200

Java or python

Pythonpythonpython Python = easy :D

i would also like the be a judge or contestant :D
@orangebeak @ChimptheSquirrel I don’t know your opinions on the plugin idea. I would like to add you on skype if you do want a plugin for this event (send a PM on youtube if you don’t want to publicly leave your skype name), so that we can talk about it. If you’re into java (I’m currently making it in java), you could help if you wanted to.
My skype name is Chimpanzeethesquirrel. @Dico200

@Dico200

I’d Love a plugin! BTW I’m 13, and my Skype Name is ITzOrangebeak

sign me up and the theme should be christmas
@crackersray12 cracker, there are Multiple themes.
bump was this done/cancelled Sorry for necroposting

@Hardfg5000 please.

Orangebeak has not been on for months, and this idea is waaaaaaay buried deep down. In fact, it has been started, and ended too. There was only one round as far as I know.