For Redstone Sheep To Read About W/E.

ArchivesProblems & bugs → For Redstone Sheep To Read About W/E.

CLOSED

(This is not a ban appeal. Just a response to redstone sheeps post about w/e and him blocking me of it. I couldn’t comment there for some reason.)

Wow. Just wow. Sheep, I love you as an Admin, but do you just go, hmm the server went down, it was hackerthomas… BLOCK HIM OF IT! Do you guys even check the circumstances before you block people of w/e opportunitys? Like seriously. This is the dumbest w/e block ever.

AZ60 asked if I could help him with w/e since he is only a visitor or member. I wasn’t doing anything so I offered to help. If you go back and look in the chat, he was the one who made the selection essentially. He said “PUT POSITION 1 HERE” and then he moved and then said “PUT POSITION 2 HERE” I saw no problem with the selection, being it was just a random tower he built, then he told me to come over in the center and do //copy, then //rotate 90. I was in the middle of doing this while the server crashed.

I am very sorry for the inconveniences I have caused the server users; but I feel as is AZ60 would get a temp ban if that, not a penalty on a user taking his time to help out a fellow user who does not have the w/e capabilities to get him started on this Redstoner journey. Thank you.

The purpose of giving worldedit to people builders and up is to ensure they know exactly what they are getting into when it comes to selections and basic commands. It’s a very powerful tool, and unfortunately has the ability to cause significant problems and downtime for servers, especially redstone ones like ours. The reason we specifically do not give out worldedit to lower ranks is to ensure we have the chance to ease people into it and give them time with documentation. I expect most of our community members to understand that large selections can and most certainly will cause problems.

I will take into consideration that some of these things may not be common knowledge, however I do expect you (and everyone else) to read the available documentation on worldedit. Downtime like this is what causes us to change rules and disallow tools and features from entire ranks.

Regarding your current block from worldedit, having this plugin at your disposal is more of a luxury than a necessity. If you find yourself needing something edited in the meantime, you can always ask a staff member or other builders who have free time.

Pigman239 it can’t be a ban appeal because he isn’t banned only his W/E is blocked.

Guess it sorta counts as a Demotion appeal tho.

EDIT: Why didn’t this get locked?

still we know what he was aiming for :P ![1] (http://puu.sh/drSHW/bb3c0ca407.jpg)

Hi guys, this is roughly equivalent to a demotion appeal, so I’m going to leave it here for now. This is still unlocked because I wanted to make sure all other staff who need to say something have the opportunity to do so, it should be locked within the next few hours.

I appreciate the forum activity though!

ok EDIT : In my opinion I think he should be given a second chance as everyones human and makes mistakes, considering he dosen’t appear to of thrown a paddy or anything he seams to off accepted it and be mature ;p

Thank you for the response Mother.

I don’t use W/E ofton, so I doubt I will need it in the next 7 days, but just wanted to post my side of the story.

It still kinda odd that it crashed the server due to it being only a selection of about 2900 blocks.

Sheep says the problem was when I used the //copy command, yet there is no rule or even a message on not using that command with a selection of 2900 blocks, in the commands and plugins info on redstoner.com.

Its like for example if I selected 2 blocks and then did //copy, and for some reason the server crashed, you would have to be an idiot to come after me and not the plugin. Same thing yet with 2900 blocks. Where is the line drawn? I guess I was mistaken to think it was 10201 blocks (the only number limit you staff mention in the w/e rules). Great job in informing your builders of the limit that no one knows and cant find. :P

In my opinion I think he should be given a second chance as everyones human and makes mistakes, considering he dosen’t appear to of thrown a paddy or anything he seams to off accepted it and be mature ;p

I believe he’s only unable to use W/e for a week, so after the week he’ll get his second chance.

Thanks Dico. :p

I see Sheep. I think what happened was I must have selected pos 1 somewhere like on my plot, and never did a pos 2. Then when I was with AZ60, I thought I did pos 1 but actually didn’t, then when I did pos 2 there, it was very far from where pos 1 was originally.

I am exceptionally sorry for the server down time and I will make a serious effort from thus forward to make certain that pos 1 and pos 2 are on the same plot and where I want them to be.

Yea I notice this all the time too, like I World Edit for someone then as I go to another persons plot I select the first point and it says 394493496 blocks selected or some other ridiculous number, and it freaks me out every time. But to this day i haven’t made the mistake of filling it in, its especially bad when people ask me to use my extended block limit world edit. if I filled it in then… all kinds of bad things.