Damnspam askpermission & permission

ArchivesFeature requests → Damnspam askpermission & permission

CLOSED

What feature I want : /Damnspam askpermission (Username) /Damnspam permission (Username)

What it does : damnspam permission would be a way to only let certain people flick your levers / buttons.

damnspam askpermission would be a way for people to have to ask to flick the lever before flicking it (Like /tpa)

Why its a good idea : I think its a good idea because you will be able to let more trusted players activate redstone that you dont want other people touching. Whilst this is still posible via the use of /p deny some people may not want to deny everyone from there plot just so they can work on redstone.

People could also work on redstone with friends and not have to worry about other people flicking the lever on there WIP build.

When building redstone sometimes people start with different inputs for different sections. If you wanted to activate them without a time limit you previously wouldnt be able to do it.

Finally, its a lot easier than building a box around your redstone so people cant use it, also having an unflickable lever to some people but flickable lever to others would be way cooler than having to remove a sign saying input and placing a button to show off the build then replace thing button with a sign again.

@redstone_sheep @Dico200 @eniallator @PanFritz @yop_tropix @Asecta @Nightshade32

I understand where you’re coming from, and I think its a damn good idea. As damnspam is written in python, it’ll take me a bit longer to implement this. If anyone else has time that would be great. I also opt for using: /damnspam request [user] *with argument to target all buttons/levers of the same person, without argument to target the item you’re looking at. /damnspam accept [user] *with argument it accepts the user’s request, without argument it’ll accept your last request. /damnspam listrequests (maybe if a person is offline?) and then /damnspam accept [request id] /damnspam permit \<user\> [button id] *to give access to all your buttons to this user if you’re not targetting any block, and if you are, or a button id is given, give access to only the corresponding item.

/damnspam list *list all your buttons with accepted people and properties, and globally accepted people above. /damnspam remove/deny <user> [button id] *removes person from specified button, and removes person globally if button/lever is not specified.

So as you can see if we want this to be done properly, there’s a whole lot of work to do. I wouldn’t mind re-writing this all in java, except I don’t think everyone likes it if I rewrote all the python plugins.

I’ll set up my python directory when we moved the repository btw @redstone_sheep.

You could also have like /damnspam bypass [user] so that they can bypass you doing deny * or something (easier way of denying everyone but a friend from activating a button)

also when we’re saying /damnspam request [user] are we saying every lever for ever or 1 lever for ever or temporary etc because I was thinking the one you were looking at for that 1 button/lever press

sounds like a gr8 idea ;D

Half of this stuff isnt even in the rules…

Tagging some people so they can see a good idea somehow banable but not in the rules :/

Necro-Posting not in the rules and I had no idea what it was…

srs can you make the rules up then keep them?

I haven’t used a forum site much b4 this is the first one I actually posted in and such. It’s like saying someone has no brain because they dont know something that they have never needed to know.
anyway im gonna stop using the forum as much as I do… I seam to break the rules that arent even said (Obviously…)