Redstone Challenges

ArchivesFeature requests → Redstone Challenges

CLOSED

MintyEdit: Closed due to Challenge Module

As for what I remember from Redstone like around the first week it was announced the server had the daily challenges. These challenges where very far out of my reach since I was a “noob”. Now after a while I get quite bored since I’m out of ideas what to build. If we bring back the daily challenges that hole will be filled and I think I also speak for many others. It will also be quite fun if everyone tries to make the challenges since we can all see who makes the best design. I hope staff takes this idea into mind. Thank you.

I don’t really like this idea.

Firstly, I think a such thing would dig a ditch between “great redstoners” and “bad redstoners”. I don’t really want the kind of “ditch” as it will most probably get too insane in chat with fights. Ex.:

randomuser1337 → i made dis really cool 3x3 trapdoor, its the smaleslt, tpa 2 see otherone42069 → SHUTUP MAN, I MADE A SMALLER ONE! randomuer1337 → MINES FASTER!!!!1

You get my point.

Secondly, if it’s hard for you to think of something to build, it’ll be hard for us to think of a challenge. I know people will suggest some, though, a lot of them will probably shitty/easy or be something among those following lines: “Compact my 2x2 flush spiral door”.

True true but there could be a really fun work around as its fun to build a great community with these types of things

yop its a great idea to bring it back

randomuser1337 → i made dis really cool 3x3 trapdoor, its the smaleslt, tpa 2 see otherone42069 → SHUTUP MAN, I MADE A SMALLER ONE! randomuer1337 → MINES FASTER!!!!1

whats stopping people from doing it now? also this would probably be a rare occurance because it already doesn’t really happen much at all now

if it’s hard for you to think of something to build, it’ll be hard for us to think of a challenge.

not necessarily because as you have said which kinda contradicts this sentence “I know people will suggest some” so why wouldn’t people suggest alot? also i know if it was a thing i would try to suggest as much as possible which would be easy for me to do because of my full plot.

a lot of them will probably shitty/easy or be something among those following lines: “Compact my 2x2 flush spiral door”.

alot of users on redstoner know how to make these small things so why wouldn’t they suggest something harder? and/or why wouldn’t the suggestion’s skill level vary?

I guess what we could also do is have daily challenges (Plural) we can have it so we can make it a list. It will be harder for staff to come up with ideas but you could have people to add ideas
I like the idea :D. Most people who are visitors might not even want to participate.