/rename

ArchivesFeature requests → /rename

SOLVED

What feature do you want: /Rename its inputs would be the following : /rename (new name) I also think that it should work with the textformatting e.g obsufacted text, colours etc. It would also allow more than 1 word so that people could rename items to “one two three” or “yolo swag” etc.

Why do you think its a good idea: Because some people have things in there plots where you rename a piece of paper to something to give feedback of for locks/filters etc. I also personally hate having to go to my own plot just to rename an item then having to go back to the other place just to place the named item into a hopper. It would also be a lot easier to use that command wrather than using an anvil (I hate anvils)

if your talking about renaming items you can already do /i [item id] [amount of items you want] name:[name of the item, this includes the essentials colour/font codes] lore:[the bit of text underneath the name, you can also do colours/font codes here] to spawn in items
  1. Thats a bitcomplicated
  2. Im talking about renaming an item already in your inventory
  3. the way with /rename could also be used to have items with enchantments renamed
Woah… lag reply >.>

@pigman239 don’t spam replies please!

Thats a bitcomplicated

its about as complicated as a /rename command would be.

Im talking about renaming an item already in your inventory

why not just spawn the item back in then? theres no point in having a command to rename something when theres a command that you can name items in it before you spawn them in.

the way with /rename could also be used to have items with enchantments renamed

if you want the items enchanted then you can just have {ench:[{id:(enchantment id),lvl:(enchantment level)}]} at the end of the previous command i have posted

ok, also I didnt spam replies it was lag