Inactivity of staff

RedstonerOther → Inactivity of staff

Ive noticed that the activity of moderators on the server has been going down lately (yes someone is gonna blame it on me i know) aswell as when they are on, and this has been going on for atleast a year now, they do not do any work with people, they wait for people to annoy them and even then they very often miss messages, lets not talk about the amount of time i see a report hanging in there and not being solved. most of the time it seems they come on to mostly play and kick the occasional spammer/caps and thats about it, ive been telling them to do more work for a while now, as to wich ive seen misa acctualy talk to people alot more even when not asked to and help visitors get registered and so on, helpers are also getting into it a bit more now. However thats the only people ive seen taking their job seriusly. The gallery has been on the todo list for mods forever now, and there is no exscuse to be made for this as there is nothing holding you back. While im adressing this i would like to point out that dico and sheep agreed on the same thing at the demote eniallator post that hackerthomas made yet there has been no improvement since then, and most of you have seen that forum thread. if you would care to explain why this is going on.

Also night you were aparently busy with another server while redstoner had 40+ people on and 0 mods on. If you dont have enough time to handle both servers then you should gracefully retire.

Now hidden admited he didnt have what it takes and just wanted to play , so he was man enough and retired himself.

Another proff that you do have time but are just simply inactive is those times when there is 0 of you on, something happens and there is instantly 3-4 of you on.

Now ill also adress the issue with some inactive admins, and the last time they acctualy made a piece of code or rebooted the server. <– inactive should be put to retired rank.

With all this said, if the mods do not improve the work they do on the server then a demotion should be seriusly disscused.

After wich i would gladly hand over my rank aswell and become a trusted where i can tell people to suck a dick.

Lets not be so whiny as we are atm ey people?

Before demoting half the team, we should find some people that can do the job, just saying.
I like the way you put it pan it seems as a server you need to look into it
An other problem is that the server is getting more people on it but not more mods
I also like what dico put
daan thats not a problem at all, if the mods were active there would be a completely sufficient amount of them, and dont forget to count in helpers
that is also right dean we are getting bigger and more popular and we have so little staff and most the time we need help we don’t get it because the doing your own stuff I can see we should wait but sometimes we don’t even get a replay to the question at hand. the only staff I see helping are the helpers and misa
I totaly agree with Pan. For example I’ve got a ‘no’ many times when I just asked if a mod can add a new sayLol. Dang mods can’t be bothered to write a single line…
I agree just swap good helpers for bad mods
Or just remove the helper rank? There will be four more mods like that x)
i don’t like that matoseb i like the helper rank
They are way to similar for me, but i guess that the helper rank is more of a test for future mods?
yea but arhur as a mod this will kill us :D
Well I think this is a great thing you are doing with this server. I hate when there is no mods on to control the annoying people or unneeded problems on the server. Sometimes I wish everyone had the kick privilege. Even know that would end well xD. Well great job guys taking control and fixing this. This is why I play on the best plot server in my point of view!
ikr killa and its the best to see u on here love u man <3
@PanFritz There are currently only 4 helpers, so there aren’t that many. In my opinion, there should be quite a few more. I mean, the rank exists, so there may as well be more than 4 of them.

@Dico200 On point with your response. Haha if I was trusted, I would gladly apply for Helper, yet I know I would be turned down. :p

@PanFritz Thanks for this post, I too want to see better management from the Moderators. Most of them aren’t taking the job seriously and thinking it is just a rank that you earn, and hardly have to do anything after that; when if fact it is a demanding job that takes effort, time, and dedication to the server.

@Matoseb “You can regard helpers as mods on trial” -Dico 6 months ago in the “New rank: Helper!” post.

@cheetie True. Maybe a few more, but the server doesn’t need more staff in general, it just needs superior staff.

hey guise what’s going on in this thread

Well then.

I can safely say that I agree with everything this Pan mentioned in his original post. Ranks like moderator, admin, and even helper are not something to be sought if you do not have the time/ are not willing to contribute beyond the occasional kick and ban. Those who find themselves without the opportunity to play or contribute some time each day should not have a problem giving up the rank to someone else so we can make sure we have a readily available and willing staff for problems that arise.

Leaving the staff team is not something to be ashamed of, I even thought about doing it myself due to recent inactivity. It doesn’t mean I don’t care about the server, and it doesn’t mean all of my friends in the staff dislike me; it simply means I can’t contribute in the same way I used to.

I am all for cycling staff, but Dico brings up a very good point. We need to make sure that we have capable and willing replacements before we decide to move anyone around.

@cheetie nice try

Still don’t have a good way of finding new people, anyone?

@Dico200 Maybe ask around the Trusteds who would be willing to give time and care for the server in the manner that it should. That is… if you are really going to demote or retire some of the Moderators, otherwise I would say keep them if they show greater respect and their quality of service to the Admins. -.-

@panfritz is it all the mods? i thought it was just me :/, i didn’t realize this was a widespread problem.

Well school is taking away from my minecraft time, thats that way it is. My dad is limiting the time i spend on the computer bc i don’t turn in a lot of homework (plz don’t discuss this, thats not the point) but i still receive a’s and b’s in all of my classes (except spanish). I don’t see a problem but my dad does, and my computer time is being reduced, and moderating the server is one of those things that doesn’t always get time in my now limited use of the computer. I would love to play on the server and moderate but i simply do not have time sometimes. I have much much more time on the weekends and if you like i could come on more often on the weekends to help make up time i missed during the week. But if thats not enough, then i’ll peacefully retire, i’ll still come on and make redstone, chat and what not. However, i don’t see this limited use of computer thing my dads doing lasting much more than a month so I likely can be more active in a month, give or take a week. If you want to demote me until i get things figured out thats fine, but i’d prefer not.

I’m not excited to see some staff leave and retire its never fun, but i understand that they do not have enough time dedicate to the server. I would however like to see new staff, its always fun to teach new staff the protocol and commands, as well as to see some new faces around and have chats and essentially making a new friend.

I might retire just because i feel a little burned out, and when I’m feeling better and i have time again i’d love it if you would let me back as a mod.

What I think is the helper rank is a buffer for mods so if a mod retires or gets demoted they should take their place as for all helpers are mod worth since all of them are very trusty so if four mods retire then we have all the helpers we need and more than four mods getting kicked off or resigning I feel won’t happen but that is all the mods and sheep’s thing
Stfu you grammar Nazi @hackerthomas
All that matters is you get the point and don’t say you don’t understand it since its not grammatically correct
@eangough, not using commas at the appropriate times would make it not grammatically correct. Also, I do not get your point because my mind gets fucked trying to understand what you are trying to say. Did you know that these following punctuation symbols were invented to put your point across more clearly? ! ? , . ; :
Keep it on topic guys. @hackerthomas you can understand it just fine, just try.
I wonder if anymore of the staff will retire like Hidden and Bit. We shall see. :p
What I’m sacred about this is a trend since there might be major amounts of new helpers. The reason I’m scared of it is that I’ve seen it that at a time members ranked up to builder super easy at a time and I saw this as we rank more people to a rank it just feels that they just keep coming up. This probably won’t happen right now but trusted feels like it’s in a threat. For me to bring this up it just gives a second to thing about this issue in the past.
Please take the time to read what I think about all this, and what can improve. here
Well I would apply for helper I am one of the most active players on the sever the only time I’m not on is if Im At work or college and even the I read the forums I think I would be able to put a got word to some of the posts

First thing that comes to my mind if I read that James would apply for helper is..‘no way he could be helper’. People told me the same when I said I might consider to be a helper/mod. I’m wrong with saying that about James.. so is everyone else judging him/me or whoever. It’s one thing to always complain about stuff and saying how shitty everything is but another thing to actually try to help and support via becoming a helper/mod. People convinced me that I wont be a decent helper or a support for the server in any way. I’d like not the very same thing to happen to James or to anyone else who’s applying for Staff. Whoever wants to be a future Mod shouldn’t be turned down by anyone. Noone is in the position to judge. If you judge.. then go ahead and show how its done.

Therefor…I’d pretty much like to apply for helper/mod , if the current admins approve on that. If I’m as shitty as most people think I am, I can still be demoted again. I talked more then enough. It’s about time to move one step forward and actually be supportive.

I see where your coming from kotov there is always going to be the people say something but it takes someone else to tell people and I think I’m that person because I will not take shit of anyone and I can tall what I joke is. So I would still like to apply for helper
@KotovSyndrome who says you would be a bad helper… You would be an excellent helper!

@KotovSyndrome who says you would be a bad helper… You would be an excellent helper!

@cheetie yes he would!

I think that Pan is right, mods should be doing there jobs better. Now i could list a bunch of mods wich arent doing there jobs aswell as they should, but there are also some mods wich do their jobs correctly. Also, @Dico200’s idea is good. Anyway, i totally agree with @PanFritz on this subject. When people are promoted to mod, they should function like a mod. This means that they will have less time to redstone and that they’re job as mod will have priority above redstoning.

I think this is all i have to say on this subject.

==Edit==

I just thought of a second thing, wich is: there should be solid rules in staff, Eg. a player posts a link. One mod says:“No advertisment please.” The second mod kicks the guy straight away. What im trying to say here is that Staff should do one of the two, instead of difirent things.

@ArhurValk, not to get too off topic, but like we all have discussed before; Links are perfectly okay, so if some gets kicked right away by the “mod 2”, then there is going to be another problem.

I would like having KotovSyndrome as a helper! :)

JamesWhile… Meh

@hackerthomas this was just an example, i dont know about James getting helper, anyway, ill just leave it for now.
@hackerthomas u don’t know me so how can u comment on this I would love for u to come in a Skype or ts call with me and see how down to earth I am
@jameswhile You seem pretty cool, but with the incident with your trusted being taken away, and sometimes you are rude to people on the server.
I love how this turned into people vying for a mod position that isn’t even being given out, instead of discussing the loss of some great people. What a bunch of dicks.

It actually works out very well for us @zombachu . Makes it easy for us to find out who doesn’t seem prepared for the opportunity or the responsibilities of being a staff member.

I think that there are some potentially great moderators in our community, but I also think that there a plenty of people who don’t have the characteristics we look for.

It actually works out very well for us @zombachu

demoting 3 mods and promoting 2? and the goal is to get more mods, more active? doesn’t rly make sense

Makes it easy for us to find out who doesn’t seem prepared for the opportunity or the responsibilities of being a staff member.

wait so anyone can be mod? they can just say i want mod and maybe answer the guidelines correctly and then tada! mod! eh what.

I think that there are some potentially great moderators in our community, but I also think that there a plenty of people who don’t have the characteristics we look for.

alright so basically your plan is to first give someone mod, wait for them to stuff it up and then demote? seems like trial and error and that doesn’t really go too well in staff promotions where they can access any command they want to and cause unecessary crashes.

@zombachu I didn’t like how I worded that so I deleted it! I think this is a good thing with the server! It alows to give everyone a chance and that’s what it should be all about! It all ready proved successful so I don’t see your problem!

It alows to give everyone a chance and that’s what it should be all about!

did you even read my earlier post? “seems like trial and error and that doesn’t really go too well in staff promotions where they can access any command they want to and cause unecessary crashes.”

It all ready proved successful so I don’t see your problem!

the only time we have ever done applications for ranks was for trusted ages ago, which we changed because we saw flaws in it.

Yes it could be a trial and error but it also can be a success! You at like there giving everyone who applied a chance there not! It alows them to find the people that could be good for the job and people who will never be good for the job. Also it would be rare of someone is stupid enough to play on this server so long and get moderator and just crash it! First off they would get banned for life and the server is always fixable! I didn’t see your problem it proved a success with the mods that were promoted already and mark my words it will prove a success with the next few they promote! Also there is requirements for a reason so none of this happens!
Also to add on there was less than ten people who actually applied!
@KILLAGIB4 no moderators were promoted because they applied for it, yet.

Yes it could be a trial and error but it also can be a success!

you don’t see the point im making because trial and error will most likely lead to unecessary server down time and unecessary bans/kicks which may get people to move servers and us in the long term not doing so great.

You at like there giving everyone who applied a chance there not!

what are you trying to say here?

It alows them to find the people that could be good for the job and people who will never be good for the job.

then why not make them prove they are worthy of staff by actually trusting them enough? not by getting anyone to submit an application and then handing out staff to anyone who they think is worthy by reading something.

Also it would be rare of someone is stupid enough to play on this server so long and get moderator and just crash it!

err whats this point trying to prove? because it seems to me like you are agreeing with me, because anyone is able to submit an application.

First off they would get banned for life and the server is always fixable!

not sure about getting banned for life if its fixable, probably just a demotion but here have you forgot whats ur arguing about?

I didn’t see your problem it proved a success with the mods that were promoted already and mark my words it will prove a success with the next few they promote!

firstly they didn’t make an application, Secondly it hasn’t been too long and Thirdly also who said that they were doing well? (im not suggesting they aren’t)

Also there is requirements for a reason so none of this happens!

yes there are requirements but whats stopping people from lieing?

Also to add on there was less than ten people who actually applied!

that is so far only 10 but why does this matter?

I don’t even see why this is such a argument! It comes down to the admins and the owners! There doing what 75% the server think is right! No matter what anyone says there the one who choice what happens!

I don’t even see why this is such a argument! It comes down to the admins and the owners!

we are arguing over it because u didn’t agree and started it, and i was a staff member and applications are never a good thing for ranks.

There doing what 75% the server think is right!

where did you get those statistics from? even if the majority did think its right, its probably because they want staff themselves.

No matter what anyone says there the one who choice what happens!

choose* but im just warning them because i thought they knew why this is a bad idea

I got 75% from everyone thinking it was a good idea except about 2 people!

I got 75% from everyone thinking it was a good idea except about 2 people!

So you asked 8 people?

I have to agree with eni, having a staff applications forum is a really bad idea.

I don’t understand the logic behind it being a bad idea. The judgement is still the same, acctualy its even more complex. This way its just easier for people to acctualy get noticed and us to decide the same exact way as we did before. So nothing has changed besides that more people will get considered and talked about and not just those someone brings up.
Thank you I 100% agree^