3 Bit Randomiser [Not rly a challenge]

RedstonerBuilding → 3 Bit Randomiser [Not rly a challenge]

CHALLENGE

Hey everyone, That’s long enough that I’m trying to add to my rock-paper-scissors a singleplayer mode. But I need a randomizer with 3 possibilities. Does anyone has an idea how to make one? Thank you!

You could have a 2 hopper dropper randomisers and then 1 0 = rock 0 1 = paper 1 1 = scissors 0 0 = re do the randomiser

Or

Have a dispencer thing that determined if the item was a water bucker, nonstackable item and stackable item

I have a 3way randomiser that detects which out of a nonstackable,stackable to 16 and stackable to 64 type item is chosen from a dropper. Contact me in game if you want to see it.

Thanks I’ll see tomorrow :D

ean I also though of randomizing another time but it’s possible to have a kind of clock if we’re unlucky

in case im not about, I made 2 examples at /p h:4 ionwolfhelm for you to check out, feel free to copy and use/compact as needed
yeah he misworded his request in the title, using “3 bits” instead of 3 values. the reason a regular 2 bit randomiser isn’t the best solution is that the 4th unwanted outcome causes a reroll adding extra delay, given that the reroll could also in turn result in the unwanted 4th outcome and that the re-reroll could also return the unwanted result…….well you get the idea. I guess the title should read “1 trit randomiser”?
Yeah I saw it when I posted the message, sorry if you wanted to show me a 8 values randomizer, which is simpler :) . And thank you another time Ion. Ans is it possible to change the title ?
I have a 2 bit randomizer at my plot if your interested theirs a red arrow above it, copy and paste it if you’d like.
Thx it helps me as well as I have also built a rock paper scissors minigame and would like a randomiser! :b

is it possible to change the title ?

Edit –> Change title :P